Thursday, August 12, 2010

The cinnamon roll


A couple weekends ago I convinced Mark to drive to Hazelton, Idaho to pick up a little camping trailer that I became convinced I had to have. Well, needless to say the trip became quit the Odyssey! We did get to see some new sites, as neither of us had been to Boise driving from Lewiston. It was fun to see Riggin's as well as the Payette river.

We camped in McCall, Idaho on the way home in the new little camping trailer, which was a lot of fun. Forgetting about the change in elevation, neither one of us thought to bring a jacket after many days of burning up in the July heat. So we froze in the mountain air and worked up a healthy hunkering for breakfast by the morning. At the recommendation of our overly friendly camping neighbor, who made sure to harass Mark because I just happened to be driving that morning, we had breakfast in McCall at a cute place called The Pancake House. I was craving a cinnamon roll and boy did I get my fill.

When I ordered the cinnamon roll, as well as a breakfast, the waitress looked at me twice, which I wondered about at the time. After we ordered I went to browse at the gift shop. As I was walking back to the table I saw Mark looking at me with a funny expression which I soon understood. The cinnamon roll was breakfast in itself. He will tell you that I ate a third of it and he ate the rest, but I think I ate 1/4th and he finished it. All I can say is that it was one heck of a cinnamon roll, especially for $3.25.

If you find yourself in McCall, Idaho I highly recommend you have a cinnamon roll as well as breakfast at the Pancake house. Hopefully you will have someone with you to share it with.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment